Thursday, November 8

Is Blogger Broken?

Late night/early morning edit: I was able to finesse my away around the issue and set the site to the holiday layout. Doesn't it look pretty? A few layout things were tweaked and I'm going to be making a few more changes over the next few days until it looks perfect. But yay for fixing the problem!

About a week ago or so I started putting together the fixings for a holiday layout, and was crestfallen to learn that my blog is one of many afflicted with some particular error that makes it impossible for bloggers to update their theme/layout. I can't change so much as a font face and it is very annoying.

So I started thinking about workarounds and one thing that came to mind is moving Apartment 54 all together to a domain name and maybe using Wordpress. I even browsed through a few dozen themes last night. It might be a great birthday gift for when the site turns 1 in January, and it might help with a lot of other back-end things on my side. I'm not sure what I will do yet but it is something I am considering. I even went through a few older posts and saw that some photos are missing because they were uploaded to a site that no long exists. Which is a bummer.

I don't know. If anyone has an opinion or idea please feel free to leave it as a comment below. In the meantime I'll check to see if the layout can be updated or if I'm just screwed for now. This layout is lovely but so is the one I had in mind.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...